1701 Church Street
The Hampton Roads Center for the Development of African American & Latinx Financial Services Professionals, a Hampton Roads Workforce Council & First Genesis of Virginia/ Heritage Financial Partners are partnering to increase interests in financial services careers; provide training and instruction to complete SIE, FINRA 7, FINRA 66, and Life and Health licenses; and to provide support to assist with the process of obtaining employment in the financial services field located in Hampton Roads.
Program Objective: To provide financial training and to selected students pursuing a career in financial services field in Hampton Roads.
Internship Program Specific Outcome Objectives:
• Four interns will be recruited, selected, and committed to participate in the twelve-month program.
• 100% of the interns will complete the study and acquired licenses for the: SIE, FINRA 7, FINRA 66 and Life and Health Insurance licenses.
• 100% of the interns will complete the mentorship program, which is provided throughout the funding cycle.
• 100% of the interns will seek Financial Services employment in Hampton Roads upon graduation.
• Must be a rising senior from an accredited college or university.
• Must be pursuing a degree and special interest in financial services upon graduation.
• Must commit to travel to the training site to complete the training curriculum.
• Must complete the required application for internship.
• Must pass program background checks.
• Paid $6,000 stipend/ Reimbursement for training materials.
• Experience in the field/Mentorship.
• Networking/Resume Building/Employment Potential.
For more information contact: Dr. Tonya M. Pass
Email-Tonya.Pass13@gmail.com Cell: 757-650-1885/Office: 757-627-6603